Slow boat to ...

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 30, 2015
Ship: Independence of the Seas

The ship was in good shape albeit aging. The crew were friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. I'm sure I gained weight as I'm  sure most people do on a cruise. I thought I'd balance it with a good workout but the gym wasn't as good as I expected. . I lost my enthusiasm after the first day. The entertainment was surprisingly good. All in all, It was good to get away to a warm climate with a wonderful companion and be pampered. I highly recommend a balcony.

do yourself a favor and buy what my husband calls the Wino package. If you are like us and like to have a glass with dinner, it will save you money in the long run. They will add 18% to any alcohol for the tip regardless of efficiency of the server. Our waiter at dinner Bogdan from Transylvania was a delight

The ice show was phenomenal! Hands down the best show I've seen on any cruise.

The bar staff was less than enthusiastic with one exception. Charles from Nicaragua at the Olive or Twist was great. The drinks were very expensive.

clean ship. The artwork on the walls though, Strange and ugly

Comfortable room , but the showers were so small. I'm 5'4 125. ok 130 after all the food indulgence, and the shower was small even for me.
Call your hotel immediately after getting your bags. Don't wait for your hotel van to just show up. Our hotel shuttle to the holiday Inn express even after calling took over 45 minutes. Better yet book Hiat Place Hotel. After sitting there in the traffic fumes for so long I saw their vans pick passengers up every 5 to ten minutes.
If you stay on the ship you'll have the place to yourselves. The pool, the hot tub the buffet.