Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Mostly good

Sail Date: September 27, 2015

Service, food, etc. all met our high expectations.  Fpod service  by Jeana and John was expecially good

Getting off and on the ship was a pain....don't think they've done it before!!  In San Juan it took 40 minutes for our excurision group to disembark...for no apparent reason.....took 45 minute to get back on--a belated announcement claimed a security issue but no one told us that while waiting in line.

In 20 cruises, the cruise director was full of more phony enthusiasm than any other we've see.  And the entertainment some point they've done away with nightly outside entertainers.....the RCL productions were fine, but two are enuf...the wedding game is NOT decent entertainment and that was the main event one night...Mosaic group on another nite....after four songs I never heard of, I walked out.

I think this cruise moved us up the RCL Diamond status and I'm not sure we'll do another RCL cruise....already have Norwegian line up for this spring.

Cabin met expectations