Beautiful ship, great service, great personnel

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 13, 2015
Ship: Independence of the Seas

Independence of the Seas is not a big ship, but is comfortable.  It is well kept, and the amenities are great.  The Dinning Room on Deck 5 is great and the food amazing.  I was served by Sixto and Veejayananda which were in a scale of 1 to 10, a BIG 20!!!!!

We also had excursions, which are not cheap, but they every penny you spend is worth it!!!!  My wife and me did the Sea Trek at St Marteen, and the Swimming with Dolphins in St Kitts.  The personnel in both sites was very attentive and understanding.  Even thought my wife doesn't know how to swim and is scare of the water, they helped her and she enjoyed both experiences very much.

The shows are fantastic.  Cruise Director is great!  The only thing I would say it could improve is the variety of the food at the Windjamer, the casual food option.  Pizza at Sorrento's is great, and so are the Lattes at the Promenade!

We were so excited that we reserve for the next cruise on board.  Is summary, if you want to have relaxing cruise, with amazing food and service, you should choose Independence of the Seas and you won't regret it.

Sixto and Veejavanda are the best on the Main Dinning Room on deck 5.

Shower size was decent, better than other cruises.

Choose My Time dinning, because there is so much to do that you want to maximize your experience.

Easy disembarkation, Old San Juan is right there. It is save to walk around.
Very accessible. People are kind of rude, but we overlooked that.
Port is great! Everything is right there. If you want a pic with the monkeys is going to cost you $10 per person, which is not bad.