Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

okay cruise ship

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

I was disappointed in this ship's entertainment. The only show that I enjoyed was "Once Upon A Time". They actually had a nightclub that catered to Hispanics, and others that catered to Caucasians but none for African Americans. I even sat with one of the Cruise Directors at the sail away party from San Juan and asked if African Americans were forgotten because they did not have any venue for us and there were quite a lot of us onboard. I also, had issues with the service on the first night in the Main Dining Room where the assistant server filling in for my regular one, threw the food at someone sailing with me. The excursion we in St. Maarten, did not match the brochure description and I complained to Guest Services about it. They reimbursed us 50% but I felt it should have been 100% because it was a guest services employee that recommended. The ship was able to fix the dining room situation but I did not spend the amount of money I did to go on vacation to complain. They also catered to children and children were allowed into venues they shouldn't have been, ie. the Love & Marriage game. Things were done and said in there that children should not have been privy to.

Ourcabin attendant, Sherry, was excellent. She went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed.

Don't go on this ship if you are not taking children, they catered to children.