Too Damn Big!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Harmony of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 19, 2018

Ship: Harmony of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 12650

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We had a great time, not because of the cruise line - that was adequate - because of people we met on the ship. They were in the suite area and we had many laughs with them at the Chef's table. Even the Chef's Table was limited. There was a personal element that was missing. It's the third mega ship I've been on - Allure, Oasis and Harmony - Allure was just amazing, never felt lost - Oasis slightly lost - this one - lost!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Rising Tide Bar

Small - what happened to the size on Allure and Oasis?

Chops Grille

This is so inconsistent - I have been to every chops grille on every RCCL cruise I've taken and there's no common thread. I must say, when they get it right, it's great (but know - it's not the norm) - this time I selected the lamb, it was ok - but the seasoning was lacking, in fact none. The noise level can be deafening and we had to move three times to flee from a screaming 1 year old, a woman who was deaf and had to shout across her table (not necessary). Disappointing.

150 Central Park

Excellent restaurant. Service exceptional. We had the beef for 2 and the cut of meat was great, tender, flavorful and surprisingly very home/grill like.

Coastal Kitchen

This is a perfect place, although more staff is needed.

Suite Sun Deck

This is perfect, unlike Anthem, this one has a full bar, shade, cabanas, and much more. - even it's own jaccuzzi.

Carousel

How could you hate a carousel? It was fun.

On Air Club

OVER CROWEDED

Ship tip

Be prepared for a lot of people, it may have been the time of the year but we were overwhelmed with people.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Falmouth, Jamaica

Did not do an excursion, Cozumel is overdone - as an avid cruiser I've been there almost every W Caribbean cruise taken.

Disembarkation