New England and Canada Fall foliage

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Canada & New England (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 13, 2016
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

I loved this cruise.  Sailing up through New England and Canada.  Take advantage of the excursions. The local guides are wonderful.

On the excursions, try the local foods and brews.  Lobster and crab rolls rule.

The food is plentiful but my last cruise was better. I tried local foods on excursions. The service onboard is excellent!

It was good entertainment. A new cast was on board but they were fun.

Very few children on the ship.

Rolly was our housekeeping contact. In The Great Gatsby dining, Carlos and Shasta took wonderful care of us, and some of our group is very demanding!

The Grandeur could use a little rehab. We saw light bulbs that were out. Two of the guests had paid for the WiFi package but still had very poor service. They were told it was due to ship's age.

These are not huge rooms but they are clean. My friend and I had staff separate the beds into twins and it made the room appear larger. There are only two plugs in the cabin but we were able to get an extension cord.

Come ready to relax. The staff is beyond kind. The drinks can be pricey and be sure to play trivia up in the Schooner Bar. I mentioned it needs some refreshing and that will happen next April I was told. Spend the extra for excursions.

If interested, Kennedy Lib excursion is great.