Restored my pleasure in cruising !!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Western Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 17, 2016
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Number: 3123/3125

This ship, itinerary, and crew was amazing!!  We met friendly people on the trip and was not disappointed by any interaction with any members of the crew.  Cabin was small, but very comfortable and our Cabin steward was wonderful and friendly.  Our waiters in the Gatsby, Gene B. and Nilesh G. were super-friendly and personable.  They were so friendly and entertaining with our 2 teen-age boys!  Activities and shows were fabulous! There was construction in the Solarium the entire cruise,...a little annoying, I admit, but it didn't stop me from snoozing when I was lying by the pool!!  Food? TOP NOTCH!! Delicious and a wonderful variety.  Only felt the need to utilize Izumi, due to our love of sushi!  I only hope Anthem of the Seas in 2017 doesn't disappoint....

Excellent service and super friendly staff!

A nice variety of things to do without feeling like I was running all over the place or that I might miss something.

Katrina and John were just wonderful as far as organizing entertainment. Every time I would see Katrina around the ship, she would engage in conversation and was very friendly. The tribute to the Veterans at the close of the cruise, very touching and well presented.

N/A

Gene Bosewell and Nilesh Gonsalves!! Wonderful, friendly, personable. They made our dinners an event every night!! I will truly miss them...

Small, but very comfortable.

I preferred breakfast at the Windjammer as opposed to The Gatsby only because service seemed slower. We were seated with another group of people who never looked up from their phones/tablets to talk with us and only conversed amongst themselves. Choose My Time dining!! It was fabulous!

Must see Fort McHenry!!
My son and I did the Royal Swim with Dolphins and fed the manatees. I felt like royalty. Our guide, Oscar, was friendly and knowledgeable. CD of pics costs $70 -- well worth it!! Just be prepared with your money.
Another overcast/rainy day, but that didn't stop us from enjoying our boat ride to the sand bar to swim/feed the stingrays! Once again, our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. I even got a back massage from one of the stingrays!!
Did the Caverns and of course, climbed the Falls. It was so much fun! I wish I had tried to bargain on the price of the DVD, it is not that great. The port is set up beautifully. Have an authentic beef patty!! Delicious!!
Rented the cabana. Worth every penny. Had a blast. Even though our day was unfortunately overcast/rainy, we still went swimming, enjoyed swimming with the tropical fish and had a wonderful buffet that included jerk chicken and shrimp kabobs.