Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: June 12, 2015

I don't even know where to begin since I have not one positive thing to say about this cruise. It is no wonder why the Norovirus and other viruses have spread on this ship- the toilets would not flush, there were boogers on the shower wall upon arrival, the pool was green, probably only 12 by 6 foot and infested with way too many people. On top of that, it was nearly impossible to get a chair outside on the deck, by the pool due to the massive amounts of people on such a small ship.

This trip was supposed to be for my 30th Bday with family. My parents ordered the celebration package that was supposed to come with room decorations and cheese, fruit, and wine. There was no food and wine in my room when I got there as promised which makes even less sense considering access to rooms was pushed from 1pm to 3pm so they could finish up preparing them.  We were told by guest services that the cheese and wine would be there in a half hour but did not arrive until 3 hours later. At that time, it was dinner time and I was too full to enjoy any of it and it all ended up going to waste. Also, if you want anything from coffee to ice, and they tell you 30 min, most likely it will not arrive until 2 hours later if at all.

All the staff on the boat, made it a point to sell you whatever they could which constantly felt like endless sale pitches and flyers in your face.  How many times do you need to tell the same person you just spoke with 10 minutes prior that you do not want endless sushi for $30 and then have them argue with you?  During my massage, I had the masseuse add a $60 aches and pain gel to my seapass account even though I did not agree to buy anything.

There were way too many people for the size of the ship and it felt VERY claustrophobic. Worst of all, a fight had broken out after a comedy show where I was punched in the face by a grown man.  Seriously, WORST experience of my life.

1 Comment