Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Third Mate

Great ship, great food, great service

Sail Date: September 04, 2014

The Grandeur is one of my favorite ships, and now I can say that the New England / Canada cruise is one of our favorites.  I had been to Portland and Bar Harbor previously, but this was my first trip to St. John and to Halifax.  Both were a great mix of history, points of interest and nature.  My absolute favorite was the Public Gardens in Halifax.  Absolutely Beautiful.  We would definitely take this trip again in the future.

The Grandeur is a great ship in the smaller class of ships.
The food selection was very good and we never had a meal we did not like.
We had very good service and gave two WOWs, one to our host and one to one of our waiters.
We did have a great singer and a very good comedian. Plus, they now have an aerial act that is excellent.
Children's Programs N/A
Actually better than OK. There was enough to keep us busy.
Again, better than OK. The excursions with guides were the best.
Cabins are somewhat small, but sufficient. They provide a hair dryer and the beds are very comfortable.
Baltimore, Maryland
Sailed out of Baltimore.
Portland, Maine
We should have chosen a different excursion.
Bar Harbor, Maine People said Bar Harbor was very nice. They do not have a dock, so people in wheel chairs had a difficult time.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Very lovely. Particularly enjoyed the reversing falls.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Wonderful location. Great mix of history, points of interest and nature.

Try to get to shows early, especially in the centrum. Seating is limited there. I would like to see them provide more compact seating (comfortable chairs) so more people could have seating at the rail of the centrum.