Great ship, great food, great service

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Canada & New England (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 04, 2014
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

The Grandeur is one of my favorite ships, and now I can say that the New England / Canada cruise is one of our favorites.  I had been to Portland and Bar Harbor previously, but this was my first trip to St. John and to Halifax.  Both were a great mix of history, points of interest and nature.  My absolute favorite was the Public Gardens in Halifax.  Absolutely Beautiful.  We would definitely take this trip again in the future.

The food selection was very good and we never had a meal we did not like.

Actually better than OK. There was enough to keep us busy.

We did have a great singer and a very good comedian. Plus, they now have an aerial act that is excellent.

N/A

We had very good service and gave two WOWs, one to our host and one to one of our waiters.

The Grandeur is a great ship in the smaller class of ships.

Cabins are somewhat small, but sufficient. They provide a hair dryer and the beds are very comfortable.

Try to get to shows early, especially in the centrum. Seating is limited there. I would like to see them provide more compact seating (comfortable chairs) so more people could have seating at the rail of the centrum.

Sailed out of Baltimore.
We should have chosen a different excursion.

Bar Harbor, Maine Did not visit port

People said Bar Harbor was very nice. They do not have a dock, so people in wheel chairs had a difficult time.
Very lovely. Particularly enjoyed the reversing falls.
Wonderful location. Great mix of history, points of interest and nature.