Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Grandeur of the Seas: baltimore - bermuda: 8/29/14 - 9/4/14

Sail Date: August 29, 2014

I have been on Costa, Celebrity, Norwegian, & RC cruise lines.  I have enjoyed all my cruises.

However, while I would rate this most recent cruise "good," I had some significant negative experiences which I will share:

1.  The various staff was ignorant of the locations of specific rooms on the ship; we were given wrong directions on several occasions, e.g., sent the wrong way to the front of the ship; to the wrong floor for a specific room (e.g., Schooner Bar), etc.

2.  The Service in the dining room was very disappointing.  The only Service personnel we were pleased with are:  (a) Robert, (b) Yogi; (c) Larry; (d) David.  while I tried to relax & accept mistakes, when I ask for 1 scoop of chocolate & 1 scoop of coffee ice cream, but get 3 scoops of coffee, that's not right.  I realize it's not a big deal, but still significant.  In general, the staff seemed uninterested.  You should TRAIN THEM to have the attitude:  you're eating in my home; I will do whatever I can to make your experience enjoyable & memorable.  It seemed they were mentally elsewhere; anxious to complete the meal; didn't care about our happiness.

3.  Alycia was EXCELLENT in running the ping pong tournament!

4.  It was very difficult to find a Bar staff personnel while in the dining room.  We paid $49/day for unlimited drinks; & I had to go to the bar & get it myself, during meals.  Bar Service was terrible.

5.  The food was disappointing.  I thought it'd be better than the buffet.  The prime rib was not fresh; was chewy & overcooked.  I was paying for 6 people.  I do not believe in spending more $$$ to eat in the fancy restaurants for additional money.  But for what we pay, I expect a better quality food in the main dining room.  It was "good."  Not "great."

I believe if you instilled in the staff to have a better attitude, exert more effort into pleasing the passengers, you would reap the benefits in many different ways.

We usually choose our cruises based on our desired destination(s), calendar schedules, & price.  If it came down to similar cruises, between Norwegian & RC, it'd be Norwegian.  No question.

stan kensky