Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Shaky Beginning, Perfect Ending

Sail Date: August 23, 2013

This was my first time on a cruise and I'm happy I chose Royal Caribbean. Although, I wouldn't suggest going to Bermuda for your first cruise since it's way out in the middle of the Atlantic and you have a lot of time on the water. The first two days we were parallel with the waves, so rocking/swaying was at a max. Even our friends who've been on multiple cruises before said the rocking of the ship was more than they'd ever experienced. The toilets also didn't flush occasionally, but that never became a serious issue. We also had poor weather those first two days, so the trip was off to a "not-so-desirable" start. The 3rd day throughout the remaining of the trip, the weather was beautiful. We loved the shows, captain's welcome cocktail hour, formal nights, lounge and casino. The food and restaurant service were top notch- exceeding my expectations. The pools were crowded as I expected, so if we go on another cruise, we'd choose a larger ship destined for somewhere in the Caribbean. Overall, we liked the cruise and would go again.
Older ship