Hawaiian Cruise Vacation

Grand Princess Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Grand Princess

15 Night Hawaiian Islands (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 03, 2019

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: L227

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

My husband and I were celebrating our 27 year wedding anniversary and my 1 year being cancer free! This was our first time on a 15 day cruise and we so much enjoyed the 10 sea days of rest and relaxation!!

Embarkation

We booked our cruise with Zoe’s Travel out of Sacramento. She offered free transportation from Sacramento to SF. Once our bags were on the bus we never had to touch them until they hit our room! It took about 15 minutes from bus to ship.

Ship experiences

We enjoyed the food in every venue. We ate breakfast at the Horizon Court Buffet, lunch all over (Alfredos, Salty Dog, Slice and Da Vinci Dining Room) and every night at the main dining room. We were introduced to two other couples we didn’t know and became fast friends. Food always something for everyone! I especially enjoyed all the desserts!!

There are always so many activities that I often wanted to do two things at the same time! I really enjoyed the new Heist Game in which over 4 days we collected clues to solve a crime. Loved it. I love bingo too but only played one day because I really find it very expensive to play!! I attended the art auctions for the first time. Henry the Galley Director really made it fun!

We enjoyed the music around the ship in the different venues. We were a little disappointed in the production shows. For a 15 day cruise there was only three production shows and none were repeated.

The staff always greeted and served with a smile. We bought the photo package and really got to know the photographers. They were great! I bought a GoPro before the cruise and Brad was fabulous in the Photo shop helping me use it to achieve the perfect vacation video!

This was our second time on the Grand Princess. We finally learned our way around. Staff worked hard to make the common areas ready for use.

We had a balcony cabin. With 10 sea days we really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony enjoying the views. We drank coffee and watched the sunrise, read books and just soaked up some rays. We also enjoyed the On Demand movies.

Ship tip

Review the Patter the night before and plan your next day. Helps to have a game plan to make sure you don’t miss anything.

Ports of call

Honolulu, Oahu

We did the Stars and Stripes Princess Excursion. We loved it! Only 12 people and we got a tour of the USS Arizona, USS Missouri, USS Bowfin, Aviation Museum and the Punch Bowl Cemetery. Our tour guide (Cousin Chuck) was a great storyteller and so knowledgeable!

Ensenada, Mexico

We got off the ship and shopped at the port. Mexico is just not really for us to go downtown.

Lahaina, Maui

This was my third time to Maui. No excursion but enjoyed shopping. The day was hot and humid and we didn’t stay long. But it is a very beautiful island.

Nawiliwili, Kauai

This island is so very green! We took an excursion to a plantation and took a train ride to see the entire farm. Nice relaxing tour.

Hilo, Hawaii

No excursions. Rented a car with another couple and drove across the island to Kona for lunch.

San Francisco, California

Just got on the ship here. Not one of my favorite cities as over the years it becomes dirtier and dirtier

Disembarkation

Easy! Ship to bus was organized. The only downside was having to be out of our room for almost two hours before our group was called and everybody is in the common areas.

Traveler Photos

Thank you Brad for all the GOPro help!