Grand Princess Review

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Grand Princess

7 Night California Coastal (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail Date: April 01, 2017

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin Number: E714

Review Summary

The other passengers on this cruise were very friendly.  I appreciated the old-school dining, sharing a table with other passengers.  My room steward was also very friendly and helpful.  This ship did not feel crowded at all; it actually felt empty on most occasions.  The less ideal aspects of this trip were the ship itself.  It felt very aged and worn.  The overall décor and shape of the ship seemed very dated (carpet, elevator, paint, room décor, hair dryer, etc).  The food also fell well below the standard/expectations I have heard about the Princess line.  Very sub-par and mediocre.

Ship Experiences

I did not attend the shows/entertainment. n/a

n/a

My room steward was great, but the rest of the staff did not acknowledge passengers like the other lines I have been on. I felt like they had to be sought out, and they gave the impression that they did not like their job.

Good space but very dated. The tv remote kept malfunctioning. Just a heads up if you book this room, you are above a lounge. I was okay with it, but if you do not like noise, it can get a bit loud at night.

This cruise is good for those that just want to sit around and look at the water. This would not be good for those that like to stay busy and active. I would recommend this for an older crowd or those that like to lay around and read/drink.

Ports Of Call