YEEESSSS

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Grand Princess

7 Night California Coastal (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 25, 2017

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: E109

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I absolutely loved my experience on this cruise! The crew were all positively delightful, very attentive and kind. There was a fun variety of events on board and the daily event brochures/maps of points of interest at each port were very helpful! I will most definitely be coming again someday!

Ship experiences

I had a blast dancing with Xtasea and DJ Anthony in the One5! And again, Disney trivia was awesome!! I was super psyched to see it on the event schedule and knew instantly that I had to go!! Krissi is awesome! Loved her!

Well it took a couple days before we were given a ladder to get on the top bunks haha but it wasn't an issue as far as I'm concerned. We had no troubles with it and actually ended up using the ladder as a towel hanger rather than a method to get on the beds. It was always nice and tidy after it was attended and Peis was super nice and helpful! It was not easy to be in the room when the seas were rough though, as being in there made my motion-sick privy friends feel ill. Again, not really much to be done about that. Overall, definitely a good first experience.

Ship tip

Make sure you have motion sickness pills/oils/bracelets on hand if you are prone to motion sickness. Green apples are also said to help! The One5 may take a day or two to get rolling, but once it does it's super fun to dance, listen, visit, and just hang out! Xtasea is great!

Ports of call

San Francisco, California

Well all we did cruise-wise was embark/disembark, but I live around there so..Chinatown, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf and Marin Headlands are my favorite places to visit here!!

Santa Barbara, California

Wear sunscreen! And bring swim stuff and a beach blanket! The beaches are absolutely amazing!

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Queen Mary is interesting! Plenty of places to chill and shop around town. We went to a fabulous German-American burgers and dogs place for lunch!

San Diego, California

Went to the beach, walked around town, went to Balboa Park, which was beautiful! It's very large, we were in the section with the Botanical Garden! We had a friend who lives in San Diego showing us around.

Ensenada, Mexico

Take a good quantity of small bills! Try to pay for everything in cash, most of the vendors will haggle the price! The local man on the bus ride from the dock into town had many helpful hints and tips. Pay attention!

Traveler Photos

Drinks in the One5 :) Drinks on the back deck! Santa Barbara San Diego in Balboa Park! Santa Barbara Back deck of the Grand Princess Hanging out in Ensenada Botanical Garden-Balboa Park-San Diego Goofy photo night!! :D