Grand Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Dream cruise, an experience of a lifetime!

Sail Date: January 19, 2016

Phenomenal experience! Even in an inside cabin with four Adults. Embarkation was a bit chaotic, but managed well. The Grand, even with her age is well maintained and in excellent shape. The entire crew from Captain down were all superior. They all spoke perfect English, were all proficient and excelled at their jobs! I am thrilled with everything and am excited to do the Panama canal cruise!

WE were a group of four adults in an interior cabin, but never felt cramped or crowded. We were all pleased at how quiet and comfortable it was, Especially the beds. Our cabin steward Chris Cabanas was incredibly efficient and excellent at his job. Eager to please and always available. At sea, the cold water is pretty warm, so there is no chance for a "cold" shower. Didn't need one so no problem!!
Embarkation was a bit chaotic because a boarding ramp had been damaged and was unusable, but Princess managed all very well and we departed on schedule. Disembarkation could have been a mess because we had to land at a different pier due to the Super Bowl festivities, but the well organized and managed crew had us all off in what I felt was record time. So fast, that we were able to get out of SFO five hours early!
I was impressed by how well the ship was maintained. For an older ship it was in remarkably good condition
Destinations and Excursions I was so pleased with the ship that I could have easily stayed on, but the stops were very nice and the excursions were all excellent!
Almost too much to do! I especially enjoyed the lectures
I guess it kept them busy and occupied because I rarely saw any kids!
There were two lecturers aboard an I enjoyed them both very much! The music and entertainment was varied, high quality and enjoyable too!
All crew were excellent, spoke perfect English, eager to serve, and knowledgeable. I felt like I was in a six star hotel
If there was a problem on the cruise it was that the food was too good and overpowered my willpower!

Hallways are long but I really needed the exercise, so no problem. All restaurants and Buffets are Excellent, but if you are looking for a special treat, the specialty restaurants are superior and are an excellent value for the additional cover charge, Especially Sabatini's!