Grand Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

not recommended!

Sail Date: January 04, 2014

First of all the ship itself was in desperate need of upgrading. We've been on a lot of different cruises and cruise lines and this was by far on the bottom of our list. The food court was definitely nothing to brag about. This was the only cruise we have been on that offered only coffee, tea and water. All the others also had juices and lemonaide. This does not reflect in any way on the service we got from the crew members, state room, dinning room ect. They were right on top of anything we may have needed. The entertainment was very disappointing. The timing of the shows were ridiculous. The main shows at times would be during the late dinner. The only positive thing about that is the shows were not that great. One of my biggest suggestions is to have a crew member at the elevators after the main shows to help the disabled people get a chance to get on one. I happen to be disabled and there was a lot of times that I was pushed out of the way so people I had seen earlier walking the stairs could get in. When I needed to use the elevator I would have to get to them early and hope for the best. Our cruise had a very bad experience,  one of the crew members jumped overboard.  The ship spent 36 hours looking for the man with no success. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. To make up the time we missed the first stop, hilo hawaii and half a day in ohau. This of course was out of anyone's control and I am not complaining about that but I do believe we should be compensated.  They rebated us back $12.50 each for the hilo port charges and 20% off our next cruise.  Really!  They should have rebated the 20% off this cruise. Please note, this is the first time I have been this critical but I believe princess can do better. By the way this is the second cruise with princess and the first(around 2008)was awsome and that's why we tried them again.

ok food court, dining room was great
only suggestion, GET BETTER MATTRESS
San Francisco, California
Hilo, Hawaii
ship didn't stop
Honolulu, Oahu
only got half the time there
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Lahaina, Maui
Ensenada, Mexico
could leave this out as far as I am concerned, but know why you have to stop

1 Comment