Dissapointing!

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 05, 2008
Ship: Grand Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
I have taken 5 cruises on 4 differnt lines.My first was with Princess 5 years ago and always used them as the gold standard. Not anymore. The ship was worn, with very inconsistent service unlike Holland. We were a group of 60, so there were lots of people to compare notes to. The kids area was small with all three groups using the same room unlike Carnival. And, I've never been nickled and dime so much. From $3.75 ice cream to a bogus $2.56 per person( x 3000 people) Bahamas charge that no one could explain what it was for. Also a 3% charge for paying your bill with your credit card? As a returning customer I was supposed to receive a free piece of luggage,I'm still looking for it. Princess has turned into a Toad!

Some good meals some nights but also a lot of repetition

hypnotist was good. Dance shows get boring after 2 of them.

Princess has a long way to go meet Carnivals standards for childrens programs. My 10 year old son and 12 year old daughter have 3 cruises to compare them with and said it was the worst of the three.

My son pointed out a broken piece of flooring which was soaked with water. I brought it to a waiters attention as it presented a serious tripping hazard,etc. He was more interested in resuming his conversation with a pretty passenger. We had to find someone else.

dunns falls and river rafting are great.Don't book through ship. Use Islandmarketing.com. Much more fun for much less cost. Margaritaville is very entertaining, but expensive. Be prepared to be pestered to death to buy trinkets and trash.
Don't Miss: dunn's falls
Nice beach and good snorkeling. Ship won't let you use your $27 soda card on their island so you have to buy the sodas. The lunch shuts down at 1 p.m so the only free beverage is water. Snorkel equipment rental for a couple of hours is $23. You're only on the island for approx. 4 1/2 hours if your're lucky.
A great, clean, and friendly island. Stingray sand bar is a must see. Take the city bus to see "Hell" and the Turtle farm and save yourself $$$
Don't Miss: stingray sand bar
very nice people and good shopping
Don't Miss: dolphin adventure, chankanaab park.

Pros: Our porter was wonderful and the dining room food was good

Cons: The overall service was lacklustre, buffet was small, and they nickle/dimed to death.

Recommends Grand Princess? No.