Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome cruise

Sail Date: January 05, 2008

The ship was nice. The beds are two twin beds pushed together and attached, which were very uncomfortable. The ping pong tables at the back of the ship were nice. The food was awesome! Every two hours they changed the food to something new. They cleaned your room twice a day which was nice, and they even turn down your sheets and put little chocolate mints on your pillow. I am the kind of person who likes to sleep in and it was really hard to on this ship because they had announcments every morning starting at like 7 or 8am and they were SUPER loud and woke me up every day. This was my first cruise and I would definately go on another one. The staff was very kind and helpful, and they had tons of jewelery sales with no tax which was sweet! I wish they had another club because the only one they had as far as night club style was the skywalkers nighclub and it was OK, but a much older crowd with old music, which is fine, but not my thing.

Pros: Movies under the stars

Cons: Leaving the shore at 4pm wish it was longer

Recommends Grand Princess? Yes!

Nice but the showers were small (we had a standard window room), the beds were uncomfortable and hard.
It was hard to tell when things were happening, they did hand out a flier every day about the activities but the way they compiled it was confusing.
Very clean, they had automatic hand sanitizer dispensers in every buffet area so you can make sure to not spread germs. The ship was very clean, a good size, not too big but not too small. The pool area was nice but it was REALLY hard to find a lounge chair, and the hot tubs were always crowded so we never got to use them which kinda sucked.
Very friendly
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
A little ghetto, it seemed a little dirty and third world country-ish. We were hounded to buy things constantly by the jamacians
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
This was my favorite spot we stopped at. I thought it wasn't going to be as nice as the other spots we stopped at but I ended up liking it the best. My favorite thing was the beach volleyball, and the free ice cold water.
We went to Passion Island Resort and it was really nice there.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Awesome, gorgeous, the water was clean and the people were nice.