Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise was okay...

Sail Date: March 11, 2006

THe ship itself was a beautiful and well kept ship. I enjoyed the entertainment and the staff. I enjoyed all the meals that we attended however one incident really upset us. Our dining staff was doing an outstanding job, and we let the individual that was over them know that they did a great job, and a few minutes later he was chewing them out for the table cloth not being put on the table correctly (who cares). We could not wait to leave. I also found that smokers on the ship felt that they could smoke where they wanted, there was more than once that we had to breath others cigarette smoke, and found that to be very uncomfortable. It was okay in the casino, but I think there should be areas where we can enjoy ourselves gambling and not deal with the smoke, but I was more concerned with people walking in the halls and around the ship and it not being controlled.

Pros: Nothing really was that terrific. I enjoyed the cruise and if I had to chose one specific item it would had been the buffet meals

Cons: I did not enjoy the evening dining seating, and did not think that sodas and ice cream should be charged after the money that was spent to purchase the cruise. I also thought that there could had been an alternate place to visit when Costa Maya was cancelled because of weather.

I found very little of the going beyind attitude. Most wanted to let you know that they only had one or two cruises left and they were glad to be ready to go on vacation.
One of the excursions was very dangerous and was offered that should not had been.
I found my own dive shop to dive with. I did not go on the ships excursions, and Deep Exposure insured we made our dives and was able to see the city when we completed our diving. Great and friendly people. Made this trip worth while.
Belize City, Belize
We went snorkeling and they had inexperienced snorlkelers jump in the water where it was deep with gear on and never having experienced using the gear.
Don't Miss: Had no time to see anything else.
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
I believe the cavern dive should be explained more to what it is. I am a scuba diver, but have not dove in a few years. You can call this a cavern dive, but when you go a quarter of a mile in a cavern sooner or later it becomes a cave and if there are problems you could die in that "cavern". An experienced diver that dives three to four times a year did not make the dive because of how dangerous he thought it would be. Equipment for this dive was not adequate for some people. Diving gear too small for some, or gear being worn out. This should be better explained to the people taking this dive. The cost of the dive and losing that money is whay I dove, rather stupid of me, but I don't believe in giving money away, and I let it make a decision that could have cost me my life, really stupid. No time to see anything else after this trip because there was a line to get on the boat to get to our ship.