Poor ratings for food

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Explorer of the Seas

7 Night Alaska Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 25, 2018

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Review Summary

I've had better. . . I cruise to be pampered. To experience a lovely meal each evening. To be entertained each evening. The food was abysmal. The ingredients didn't match the description. It was bad enough that you could not walk through any area that had restaurants without being accosted with a request to reserve the premium dining, but they came to your table each evening to push it. If I wanted that kind of experience, I would have gone to Mexico. There wasn't enough entertainment going on each evening. I was told by those who frequented Royal Caribbean that it was just Explorer of the Seas.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

Food was atrocious! In order to make sure it wasn't me, I asked many passengers how they felt about the food. Didn't get a single one who said it was even OK. I also asked if they had cruised on any other Royal Caribbean ship and if they had, was the food bad on those as well. I was told they'd only had found the food to be awful on this ship. Reading the menu was pointless. Items described with specific ingredients and arrived with different ingredients. I was served several white mocha lattes with powdered hot chocolate in them prior to being told that they'd been out of white mocha syrup the whole cruise! Was served unripe watermelon that was pale greenish pink!

What they had was great. They just didn't have enough.

Of course the wait staff at the main dining room and the cabin steward were excellent. The rest of the crew showed little care towards passengers.

Ship showed wear

Don't. Book another ship within Royal Caribbean or another cruise line until they get their food improved.

Ports Of Call