Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Nice but?!?!

Sail Date: August 22, 2013

Cruise went very well. Very relaxing and comfy. The weather was good for cruising and the captain steered at a speed that you did not get sick at all.
The employees were all very charming and accommodating.
I was on the second deck and there was an odor there that smelled of aging, stagnant air and urine combined, which is so not usually on Royal Caribbean ships.
The BUT?!?!? Issue was that I got jibed as a Platinum Member. I did not get amenities or stuff or recognized as a Platinum Member. When I asked Guest Services about it at the end of the cruise, their excuse was that I was not in their system and they could not do anything for me then. First I was told that I should contact the agency that I booked with to purchase the cruise about the issue, then I was told that I should contact Royal Caribbean directly about it. My question is, why was I not in the Ship’s Data System as a Platinum Member? Do I have to go down to Guest Services every time I cruise to announce that I am sailing with them and to give me my well-deserved amenities? It was disappointing in that respect, because I would like to move up the ranks to Premium Cruising. This incident is making me think of going to another cruise line.
I am scheduled to go on another cruise (15 Nights) with Royal Caribbean in November into December. I think the least they can do going forward is to upgrade my room accommodation and perks.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Traffic with guest coming in and going out. Needs to be revamped and be more organized
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Lots of walking - They need to think about the elderly, despite they tried, I saw wheel chair assistance and the trolley bus to help people who could not walk