Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sufficiently relaxing and entertaining

Sail Date: April 07, 2013

i choose this cruise so I wouldn't have to fly anywhere and because Bermuda was recommended.

For on-board activities I was more of an observer than a participant (just my style). There were lots of opportunities for those that wanted to participate. The Cruise Director and Activities Director did a good job with the activities and the Love and Marriage game made me laugh so much my face hurt by the end.

I was a bit disappointed with the food and service. My Time Dining service left something to be desired; a couple of meals were dry (salmon and pork); they need some simpler choices; and the after 9PM option is very limited (I'd prefer cheese and crackers, an apple or similar). I got around some if it by taking fruit and cheese from earlier buffets.

As for Bermuda and shore excursions, I took 3 sponsored by the ship
Catamaran snorkeling: It was my first time snorkeling, and other than a few minutes panicking (first time trying to breathe under water) it was pretty good.

Crystal Caves, which I highly recommend, Aquarium and Zoo which are pretty generic--though there was the most vivid red bird I'd ever seen there. I'm not into generic/designer shopping so only spent a little time in Hamilton wandering around.

Night glassbottom boat cruise was a bit chilly in early April but very much worth it. Guides were funny and informative and the view was nice--waters are pretty shallow.
Children's Programs No experience with

My Time Dining needs reservations if you want to eat early.