Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Awesome ship!!

Sail Date: August 18, 2011

This was my first time on a Royal Caribbean Cruise and it was awesome. The Explorer of the Seas is a beautiful ship. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The food was great, although I think the food in the Windjammer buffet was better than in the dining room. I enjoyed the fact that there was an adults only pool. The shows were great, very entertaining and plenty of seating for everyone. It was a truly relaxing, fun vacation. We sailed during Hurricane Irene and the Captain and his crew did a great job of getting us into each port of call and then home while keeping far from the hurricane. They kept us very informed about where the hurricane was and where we were positioned.

Pros: The staff were really friendly, the food was awesome, the Cruise director was hilarious....it was a really fun, relaxing vacation!!

Cons: The food in the dining room wasn't as good as the food in the buffet (but the servers were awesome!!) Not enough clocks on board, and the elevator wait time was a pain.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

I thought that the food in the dining room wasn't as good as the food at the buffet.
Everyone we encountered were so friendly and nice. The interacted with the passengers which was nice. I've been on other cruises where the staff were very polite but impersonal.
Jimmy Rhodes and his staff were great. I've been on 5 cruises and they were by far the most entertaining group I've ever seen.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went on a bus tour of the island and it was kind of depressing. A lot of poverty and trash on the streets. Next time, I would probably choose a beach visit or a sailing trip.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We were only there for 4 hours so didn't get to see too much.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas