Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: April 08, 2007

The ship was absolutely amazing. It was beautiful, well maintained, and the staff were all exceptionally kind. Our room was incredible and our steward was just phenomenal. The food was abundant and good. The kid's camp was so well thought out and clever--my 10-year-old had an absolute blast! We were in awe. The only complaint I have is that I thought there would have been other single parents in my age range to talk with, but this wasn't the case, and although this was a first rate experience I would not recommend it for a single parent. Go with a friend, other family, boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever, but not alone. It can be somewhat lonely---and I like my alone time! Otherwise it was just great.

Pros: Service, stateroom, kid's camp, excursions

Cons: Not "single parent" friendly

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

Swam with the dolphins---by far our favorite excursion and the one that went by the quickest---we would have loved to have had more time in the water with them.
Don't Miss: Swimming with dolphins
Belize City, Belize
Tubing through the caves was an adventure and a half! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Don't Miss: Tubing throught the Mayan caves
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Our tour guide was phenomenal on this excursion--extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We went to both ruins sites which was a bit too much--one would have been sufficient, but all in all it was a wonderful adventure!
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins
George Town, Grand Cayman
We took the catamaran cruise which was just OK--the guide spoke very knowledgeably about how expensive real estate is but had no history to tell about the island--the beach, while pretty, had a separate little section for the "cruise" people and was crowded with second-rate beach chairs (most were broken) for us, and $5.00 for an umbrella. I didn't have the "free drink" offered, but my daughter said it was disgusting. The water was beautiful, but this excursion was the one we could have done without.
Don't Miss: Don't know--we weren't on it!!!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins
Don't Miss: Swimming with dolphins
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Don't know--we weren't on it!!!!
Belize City, Belize