Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A GREAT AND WONDERFUL CRUISE!!!

Sail Date: February 04, 2007

Room Type: Suite

The Cruise Ship was beautiful and the three excursions we went on were absolutely FANTASTIC!! The service on the ship was unacceptable. This is my husband and I 5th time cruising and the service was very poor much to our surprise. It took the waitress and assistant approx 3 days to warm up to us. I mean, just to have a little extra conversation etc.. The rest of the main dining room experience was okay. No dining room dancing from the crew and no extra fun. The bartenders were not friendly at all. The cabin stewart we hardly even saw throughout the week.. Usually you get at least a Good Morning, etc.
It seems the crew did what they had to do and no more. It was our 10th anniversary and nothing special for us except a coupon for a jewelry store on the island. Wait staff was told REPEATEDLY by my friend that it was our anniversary and nothing. They sure sang to another couple at my table. My friend even TOLD THE HEADWAITER!! The bartenders HARDLY acknowledge the fact that you are there! Why would they? They know they are getting a tip!! Would they not like a BIGGER TIP? The Capt Morgan Sail excursion was the BEST I've ever been on!! Try It!!

Pros: The ship was beautiful and the Excursions were FANTASTIC!!!!

Cons: The service was poor!!

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? No.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Shipwrecked Cafe and the Huge burgers and the Boss Underwater Adventure

Don't Miss: Yellowbird Tour

Don't Miss: Yellowbird Tour
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Capt Morgan SailBoat was wonderful!!! They pampered you to no end!! The shopping was also great.
Don't Miss: Capt Morgan Sailboat