Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Our cruise on Explorer

Sail Date: June 02, 2006

This was our first Royal Carribean cruise but our 7th cruise. I found that RC was lacking in several areas. They allowed us to buy excursions that conflicted with each other and if I hadn't found found the problem in time to have the money refunded I would have had to pay for both excursions. This is the only ship that has limited access to free ice tea and lemonade so that you have to purchase water or soda. There were no amenities in the cabin other than a bar of soap and the cabins and balconies were smaller than those on Carnival ships. I also found that they did not make sure to make all shows and events accessable to late seating guests. We did have a good time but unless RC was going to an island that I really wanted to see- I will stick to Carnival or Norwegian.

Pros: The crew inforced the adult only rules in pool and spa areas.

Cons: Cabinsare smaller, variety of food is limited.

No amenities and the cabin was smaller than other ships.
Variety for alternative choices was non existant.
Nothing spectacular except the ice show.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The food was mediocre but the beach is lovely and we had a lovely time parasailing and jet skiing.
San Juan, Puerto Rico