Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Peaceful everywhere but in the room

Sail Date: November 22, 2015

A software glitch assigned our initial unobstructed window room to someone else.  We got on board to find we were in a smaller interior room and offered a $100.  A smart front desk rep saw I was writing a review and then offered a window room. This process took 4+ hours to check in lost our luggage.  The room we were assigned was next to steam pipes.  Continuously throughout the trip there as a banging noise louder than comfortable TV viewing with at times 30-90 seconds of silence followed by a loud bang. Room 1068, other rooms were also affected, in the hall you could hear the noise 20-30 feet away from our door.  We were offered a credits that increased in 100 increments as we continued to complain  up to 300.  I am not certain that is a fair amount.  This was a commercially unusable room.  The ship was 100% booked.  The credit was similar to buying a transatlantic business class seat and being seated in a flight attendant jump seat for the flight but instead of 6 or 7 hours it was 7 days.

I would agree with other negative reviews.  I am 58 and took my son 20 on the cruise.  For those age18 and older I would say the average age was 75.  Scooter jams in the halls.  I asked to be seated with some younger guests and the two other couples at the table had been married 47 and 49 year respectively.  Seated dining took 2+ hours, the Lido food was similar each day and routine. Lido food service closed at 2:30 for lunch, 7:30 for dinner most on the cruise went to sleep by then.  One or two average entertainment nights mostly nothing that was of interest.  By day 5 my son and the 20 or so others 18-25 found each other.  Having cruised other lines I was surprised with this cruise. The Internet was inconsistent ranging from .32 to 4 and at those speeds I was forced to keep buying more. Much of the communication was as strong sales pitch to buy from cruise related stores.  Even if the room was not ridiculously unbearable, I would not recommend this ship.

Read the negative reviews, they are all true. Really surprised by the number of positive views.