Perfect weekend getaway...

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Enchantment of the Seas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 12, 2017

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

I was hesitant about going on a 3 night cruise since I am an avid cruiser and like at least 5 night cruises... but my friend and I decided that we really wanted a weekend getaway and this cruise seemed like a good idea.

Pros: I was very pleased with the activities onboard. I thought that because it was a shorter cruise, we would be missing out on all the fun stuff - but they still had the bellyflop, sexiest man, late night comedian show, musical/ dance show, 70's party, Quest, and all of the game shows a 7 night cruise had! The cruise staff was very friendly and the food onboard was surprisingly good. (Windjammer was actually better than the main dining room! Evelyn/ Ruel in the main dining room are the best waiters I've had on any ship!!) My favorite thing about the cruise was the excursion at CocoCay - we rented the beach bungalows and it was totally worth it.

Cons: The barstaff did not seem like they wanted to be there... and a little boy was drowning and none of the pool staff seemed to be around. When we finally dove in and saved the boy, the pool guy came and said "oh yeah thanks." That was pretty scary. The cruise is also very old so you can see rust in a lot of places - especially if you have a balcony. And the last con would be that a lot of people were seated incorrectly (wrong tables, wrong times, etc) during the dinner hours in the main dining room - that and the wait was EXTREMELY long. We had a 9pm seating one day and they didn't seat us until 9:40. Even though these things happened, the cruise was still a perfect getaway and worth going on!

Ship Experiences

Windjammer FTW!

All the best activities and shows on a week long cruise... never a dull moment.

Awesome entertainment!

So much rust on the balconies and outside areas...

The cabin was nice... except for the rust in the balcony. The stateroom attendant was very responsive. Overall good experience. - Showers don't have doors - Lots of cabinet and hanger space in closet, room and bathroom - Balcony doesn't have loungers, just 2 chairs and a table

Even though the ship does not have a Sorrento's, they still have late night food at Park Cafe. (Actually Park Cafe in the solarium area had good food all day, but they were closed at odd hours. Check the timings first but definitely head there for quesadillas, paninis, sandwiches and pizza!)

Ports Of Call

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Beach bungalows, beach beds and beach loungers are the way to go - the cabanas were far away and a walk to the beach. Everything else was right at the beach... The loungers were the closest to the floating bar.