Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice to be on a less-crowded cruise, but communications, entertainment, and staff disappointing

Sail Date: October 07, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

When you leave Miami as Hurricane Matthew is hitting the Florida coast, your 2800 passenger ship leaves with 1600 passengers.  It was nice to be on a less-crowded ship.

Disappointments:

- We were told by email that we couldn't check in until 5 pm.  Reality was that we checked in fine at 3:30 pm.

- We didn't know that we were skipping Coco Cay until we go on board.  That seems unfair.

- I got targeted by the comedian during the opening show -- made fun of my laugh, my clothes, even my name.  ("Mark? Did he just bark at me?"). What's the point of having a comedian attack people on vacation?  He was stupid and not funny, but it still ruined my night on vacation.  Why hire that kind of comedian for a cruise ship?

- The staff were clearly unhappy with the smaller crowds.  The dining room staff were bored.  I had a bar staff tell me that my wife and I that we were "losers" for doing so poorly on trivia.