Nice to be on a less-crowded cruise, but communications, entertainment, and staff disappointing

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Helpful Vote: 1

Enchantment of the Seas

Bahamas

Sail Date: October 07, 2016

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

When you leave Miami as Hurricane Matthew is hitting the Florida coast, your 2800 passenger ship leaves with 1600 passengers.  It was nice to be on a less-crowded ship.

Disappointments:

- We were told by email that we couldn't check in until 5 pm.  Reality was that we checked in fine at 3:30 pm.

- We didn't know that we were skipping Coco Cay until we go on board.  That seems unfair.

- I got targeted by the comedian during the opening show -- made fun of my laugh, my clothes, even my name.  ("Mark? Did he just bark at me?"). What's the point of having a comedian attack people on vacation?  He was stupid and not funny, but it still ruined my night on vacation.  Why hire that kind of comedian for a cruise ship?

- The staff were clearly unhappy with the smaller crowds.  The dining room staff were bored.  I had a bar staff tell me that my wife and I that we were "losers" for doing so poorly on trivia.

Ship Experiences

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)