Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

They need to make some changes

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

Let me begin by saying that I have sailed with RCC several times before, and have never been disappointed. However, if this had been my first cruise with them, I would never sail with them again.

Let's start with the bar service at the pool and on the decks. I am handicapped, so I stayed onboard the boat the entire trip. I camped out by the pools, book in hand, and rollator walker parked beside my chair. In four days, I was approached twice by a waiter at the pool. It appeared that the wait staff for the pools did not start their shifts until 2:00.

The entertainment consisted of 3 night of comedians, the first being average and the remainder needed to be sent home. The final night there was a Grand Opening of a song and dance production, which was good but still needed some more practice time. I really think the ship could have promoted the show more, as none of us knew about it until the day of the show.

In room entertainment was even worse, there were no news channels available at night, and only CNN from England in the morning. There was an episode of "Middle" which played over and over again throught out the day, and that was the only show in English, other than all of the advertisments for the products and services offered on board. There were other sitcoms that were made in the US, but had been dubbed with the German or Spanish languages. I just thought that if 95% of your passengers are English, maybe the entertainment available should reflect that. As an example to that, all of the announcements made by the staff, and all of the shows performed were done in English.

I also had a discussion with the head waiter one night. I had ordered a "Mojo Pork chop" which was extremely over cooked. I mentioned this to the waiter, and he explained that "by law" they had to cook pork and other cuts of meat  to a well done status. I explained that I understood and knew what well done meant, but that the pork chop was over cooked. He gave me the same argument again, and offered to bring me another chop, which I said was not necessary. Nonetheless, another chop was delivered, and it was even more overcooked than the first one.

There was nothing special about the breakfast buffet as well. There was a lot of food available, but all of it was average at best. The egg served up made to order omelets that appeared to be made by children,  a very poor presentation.

That being said, the food was good, but not exceptional. However, our service staff did everything they could do to make dinner a pleasant experience.

As I mentioned, I have sailed with RCC several times, and this is the first bad experience I have had. They normally do a great job, but missed it on this trip.

It could use a very good cleaning.
Average at best
It was our luck to get the second cabin from the bow on the right side of the ship, cabin number 3502. It is amazing how loud the anchor is when it goes down. Our bed shook so much it was like getting a massage.
Three nights of average comedy just did not cut it. Television programming was terrible.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Be prepared to walk some distance when arriving and departing. Most would not have a problem, but as a handicapped person it was quiet the journey both ways.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Weather was bad, could not make the island.

Very difficult to find a semi quiet place to read and relax. The staff had a tendency to crank the music as load as possible. I understand that people want to party and have a good time, but there should be places where one can escape to.