Cruise From Hell

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Empress of the Seas

4 Night Key West & Perfect Day (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 30, 2019

Ship: Empress of the Seas

Cabin number: 4033

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Horrible experience and the cruise from hell. We were promised on board credit... never received it. No porters to help with luggage. Bugs in cabin. Horrible, tasteless food... so much so I lost weight on the vacation because I refused to eat the slop they served. Watered down drinks. Lack luster entertainment.

Embarkation

Horrible. Spent 2 hours on the phone discussing why the onboard credit we were promised wasn't showing on our account. Also very hot on this ship. Should have gotten off the ship while I still had a chance.

Ship experiences

Disgusting brown "pepper" sauce covered every steak I ordered. The Chicken Marsala was red! Tasteless food and watered down drinks. Service was excellent but the food was horrible and made me sick.

Trivia was confusing and cruise director was not organized. Activities never started on time or were not as described.

No words can describe the lack luster "entertainment" that was on scheduled. Comedian was not funny and crude while being homophobic.

The "children's program" consisted of the kids running up and down the halls and pushing every button on the elevator. Need I say more....

The staff did their best to make up for this lack luster cruise but nothing can help one ignore all that this line does not have to offer.

We found bugs in our cabin and the ship definitely shows wear and tear.

Small, cramp, and nothing to write home about.

Ship tip

Don't book it. Save your money and go to

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

This wasn't a port but where we caught the boat from. No porters to help with the luggage and such. Long waits at lot J.

Key West, Florida

People were nice and no need to book excursions as there is a lot to do right out at the port.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

Great little place with a little bit of everything to do.

Disembarkation

Confusing and mismanaged. Reminded me of a preschool recess time with no adults.

Traveler Photos

Bug in cabin bathroom TV in Cabin did this every minute or so. Chicken "Marsala" "prime rib"