Good value for money

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: September 22, 2016
Ship: Empress of the Seas

This was first time with Royal Caribbean and to be perfectly honest I still prefer Norwegian Caribbean.  The staff were excellent and the food, but the ship really needs an upgrade.  When I cruise I like to read and go to the movie theatre, so when I found out there was no "library" as such or movie theatre I was disappointed.  The TV was simply dreadful it was the same programs repeated hour after hour for 4 days.  With Norwegian you get a free liquor package for drinks on board but with RC I had to pay.

Very clean but the ship is old and needs refurbishing

It would have been nice to have a shower cap, also a clock would be useful

Take a shower cap and if you intend to read take books/Kindle as their "library" has very few books

This is the fourth time I've been here & each time the humidity gets worse ! Key West has some beautiful houses and gardens but all overshadowed by numerous bars and Tshirt shops