Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

"Just A Little Disappointed"

Sail Date: September 02, 2006

The ship was lovely. I knew it would be smaller than the Navigator of the Seas, however having sailed on the Navigator I was disappointed in the pool area. The decor was tasteful and staff was as friendly and as competent as any I have had the pleasure of sailing with. The entertainment was excellent and I would strongly recommend taking the "Backstage Tour". You get a real feel for what the wonderful enterainers work with. Additionally it is a real eye opener as to the behind the scenes people who make things work. Our cabin, an outside, was small but comfortable and the steward took great care to see we had everything we needed. Bingo was fun but pricey. RCL has packed as much fun as possible on ship this size. This was my ninth cruise and I came expecting to have filet mignon on one of the formal nights and to my disappointment they no longer serve my favorite cut of beef. The food was good and plentiful. The dining room quite lovely. The wait staff makes you feel like royalty, a very nice feeling. The boarding process was easy and the de-barking well planned.

Pros: The very talented piano player in the Schooner Bar

Cons: The whirlpools were shut down for maintenance the whole cruise and the single pool was an un-inviting color.

Hamilton, Bermuda
It is really easy to get around in Bermuda. You can buy a two day pass and have unlimited use of the bus and ferry system. You can get all over this way and have a boat ride at the same time. The Dockyard is really interesting with a museum, restaurant, craft shopping and lovely flora and fauna. If you are a shopper you can knock yourself out in Hamilton. On Wednesay evening they hold a street fair featuring Bermuda Arts and hand crafts. Many lovely reasonably priced originals and prints and some beautiful hand crafted jewelry. Additionally there is street entertainment which is quite entertaining.
Don't Miss: A glass bottom boat trip which takes you out over the reef to view the fish and snorkeling. The equipment is supplied and basic instruction provided.
Hamilton, Bermuda