Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Transatlantic Adventure

Sail Date: April 02, 2016

This was my 9th Transatlantic cruise and first with Princess. Will probably be my last with them. The Emerald Princess was an ok ship, nothing special. The production company had to be one of the poorest I have seen. The female lead singer was very weak in all categories. Don't know who or why they would hire her.

The staff on the ship was polite and nice.

Our first port was cancelled by the captain because of a deep depression in the Northern Atlantic and he wanted to get us to our second port of Lisbon without having to deal with rough seas. A lot of people were upset but he mentioned it was for the safety of the passengers and crew. We never experienced any rough seas into Lisbon so I think he over reacted. I have been on other Trans Atlantic cruises that had rougher seas and we still stopped in the Azores.

The food on the ship wasn't anything special. Princess's breads and pastires have to be the worst of any cruise line. The meats were always fatty and the soups were salty.

My worst experience was with the future cruise person, Bernadette. She was very rude and not pleasant at all. She in fact scolded me for whistling while I was at a terminal checking out future cruises. I wasn't loud at all and in fact, another person was next to me and she wasn't bothered at all by it and was stunned when Bernadette came out and told be she didn't allow whistling in her area. I felt she treated me like a child. Of course I didn't book a future cruise with her and told her she needs to find another job.

Princess cabins are the worst unless you have a deluxe balcony on the Royal or Regal or a Mini suite on all the other ships. You get a lonely chair to sit on in your cabin for reading. All other cruise lines gives you a sofa to sit on. The only two positives of my cabin was the large balcony and the open closet concept.

1 Comment