Great experience overall.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Southern Caribbean Holiday (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 19, 2015
Ship: Emerald Princess
Cabin Number: C216

We went as an extended family of 10; 8 adults (50's) and 2 young adults.

Overall service was excellent, from cabin crew to restaurant servers, they were attentive and did their very best in delivering a good experience in-spite of problems with hot/cold water the first couple of days and considering a very full house of 3,000+ passengers. Room service was exceptional!

An area for improvement if there must be; on our stateroom deck and particularly so in my room, there was a noticeable musk in the air with a distinctive hint for some refreshing of the carpeting in order. The chambermaid very quickly offered to get some air freshener.

I would have rated it 5 stars if not for a rather unfortunate incident during disembarkation. We were given 8.45 am disembarkation time and told to be ready at the Explorer Lounge before that. The lounge was packed with a long line waiting outside to get in there when we found our way there about 8.20 am. There was no clear instructions as to when we should be in the lounge to be ready for disembarkation. When my wife asked a passing staff for clarification as we weren`t sure if we should still be standing in line outside or should already be inside the lounge, he literally barked at us scolding that we shouldn`t be there so early. I was so taken aback that I was momentarily speechless! He had the gall to come back later to give us the ``marching orders`` when our turn for disembarkation was announced. I was ready for him this time around....

That staff (in white uniform, lower rank insignia) unfortunately left a bad stain and I`m sure he doesn`t belong in the Princess experience.