Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Purser

Transatlantic cruise on Princess

Sail Date: April 22, 2015

This was such an easy and pleasant way to travel from the United States to Europe. I loved the many ship days to relax before reaching the ports.

The only port I didn't enjoy was Rome. It took much longer than Princess advertised to get from Civitavecchia to Rome and therefore there was not much time to see Rome. I thought the price of the Princess train to Rome was a bit steep at $99.00 a  person especially since the round trip price on the train was 12.00 a person.

The buffet on princess is poor when compared to the buffet on Royal Caribbean. Princess theatre productions are not in any way comparable to Royal Caribbean theatre productions.  We stopped going to the shows on this cruise, since the shows we attended  were such a disappointment.

We did enjoy the outdoor movies. The international café was good and the food in the dining room was okay. Princess seems to have only one sugarless dessert available each day and I thought they could do better than this.

All in all it was still a good cruise and I would use Princess again, but not if Royal Caribbean were going to the same ports at a comparable price.

The room was much smaller than the Balcony room or even the ocean view room I had on Royal Caribbean.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Funchal, Madeira
The trip to Monte and the Botonic Gardens were beautiful to see.
Cadiz (Seville), Spain
Ok to walk around but not much to see and do. Next time I think I would take the tour to Seville
Gibraltar (U.K.)
The siege tunnels, St Michael's Cave and the Barbary apes made this place a must see
Alghero, Sardinia
Not much here to do but walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. i think a tour out of Sardina would have been a better idea.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Beautiful place an esy to do on our own. Casino was not open in time and the chuch was closed for the Royal Family Christening.

1 Comment