Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Disneyriffic Cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

Even thought the ship consisted of more than 1/2 children passengers, I never noticed it. Disney keep the children so busy and so well entertained, that I was told by one of the parents, that they did not even want to leave at the end of the day's activities. I saw less children running around the passage ways, during the trip, than I did on other cruise lines that had a quarater of the children. They had the best shows that I have ever encounted (we go to Broadway regularly). They can teach Hollywood a thing or two. Plus, they had more than enough to keep any adult busy, without having to rely on a casino.

Pros: The atmospher and the shows.

Cons: The selection of food.

Recommends Disney Wonder? Yes!

I have rarely met unfriendly staff on a cruise ship, but these people go beyond just being friendly. They go out of their way to be helpful. My daughter has a food alergy to fish and some nuts, well, their head waiter, not just our waitress, would check everyday with the chef to make sure that her selections would be fine for her. Staff would be out on the passage ways making sure that you knew where everything was. You never had to feel self-conscious to ask even a maintance person where things were located. I have NEVER seen such helpful people.
Better than Hollywood quality and content.
I don't have any children under 18 years old, so I did not participate in their activities, but from what I saw and what I heard from parents, it was Disneyriffic. And only Disney can do it!
It may be because we were on a short cruise (3 days) and maybe because they have a lot of kids, but the food was not up to other cruise line quality that we have had, but it was good, as good as most chain restarants (I don't mean fast food).
The decor is exceptional and when you are on board, you truly feel the MAGIC on this Wonder!
We had a full size bed and a couch in our room. If they had replaced the couch with bunk beds, we still would have had a larger room that we ever had on any other cruise line -- it was either their smallest or one of their smallest cabins. It was very roomy and it was just for 2 people.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
The only thing I need to say: It is run by DISNEY. They have a family beach, a teen beach, and an adult beach. You can pick. And a barbeque for everyone. Plus, Jack Sparrow shows up for pictures and the Flying Dutchman is always in dock.
Don't Miss: The self-guided snorkeling at the beach.
We went on the gardens and city tour -- don't waste your time. The gardens don't exist, it is an ill kept bird zoo, and the city tour showed us nothing except the top of a hill from which the guide, in one minute, pointed out places of interest and some dying trees.
Don't Miss: I don't know, the tour we took (or lack of one) took most of the day (afternoon).