Bermuda Cruise on the Disney Magic

Disney Magic Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Disney Magic

5 Night Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 29, 2018

Ship: Disney Magic

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8000

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

This is my 5th Disney Cruise. I will not go back on the Magic again. I really enjoy the smaller ships but I enjoy food more. This was the worst food I have ever had. My 12 year old was bored and sat in the cabin watching tv most of the cruise. I never got to enjoy the balcony in the room because the smoking area was above it and when you opened the door the smell just killed you. They really need to have a warning about that when you book the room.

Embarkation

Waiting around the filthy port is not much fun.

Ship experiences

The three main dining rooms were like hotel banquet dining. This is my 5th Disney Cruise and one of the only things I remember in the past cruises was how good the food was. Palo was wonderful for dinner and brunch but I wasn't able to eat my dinner the other four nights.

Enjoyed all the shows plus the magician was a great surprise.

My 12 year old is able to go to the Oceaneer Club and the Pre-Teen Club but found he was to old for the one but to young for the other so he kept saying he was bored and I found him in the room watching tv most of the time. My 15 year old had a blast.

Always the best!

They need to keep the kids out of the adult area pool. Also who puts a basketball court on top of the Spa. Try to relax while you hear stomp, stomp, stomp.

Room was great but did not get to enjoy the balcony. Didn't realize the smoking section was above the balcony so everytime I went outside I choked on smoke.

Ports of call

New York, New York

Went to see Frozen Musical which was really good except walking back to the hotel in Times Square has multiple women with there tops off asking for money. Just to expensive and filthy to be enjoyable with children.

King's Wharf, Bermuda

Bermuda is a lovely island. It is very clean, easy to get around, and the locals are fantastic.

Disembarkation

Disney does have the system down to get off the ship. It was very quick and easy to get off, find your luggage, go thru customs, and get to the car.