Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disney Magic, Dec 23, 2015

Sail Date: December 23, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It was our first cruise and we loved it. rooms, restaurants, activities, all was great. The service was amazing, everything was thought through and planned carefully. All logistics and administrative issues were unbelievably smooth. Already booked another cruise.

As I said, the overall experience was amazing, and we will definitely go again, but this is just something that could be improved.

Copying the text from my overall comment: There was only one area which was below fantastic, not a show stopper, but just not comparable with the rest amazing experience - the oceaneer's club and lab. The facilities are great and the program too, but the staff was not engaging. For example, in other clubs when the child first enters the club, a staff member would greet the child, show him/her around, try to get him/her engaged for at least first couple of minutes, so that it is easier for the child to let the parents go. I once got a message that my child needs to be picked up, but when we came it appeared she only wanted someone to help her to start drawing/coloring. A counselor could have asked her what she wants first instead of immediately asking me to come. Another example, I once saw a child crying because she lost her mom during the open house, and nobody was noticing. I spoke to the girl, took her by hand and took her to the counselors to help find her mom, but they themselves did not notice her. Also, once my child was looking for something in the club (some craft that she did and wanted to take to the room) and couldn't find it. she approached counselors and was very upset, close to crying, but they didn't pay attention. I had to actually enter the club and approach the counselor with her and only then did they try to help.