Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Family Fun Experience

Sail Date: April 19, 2015

For a family the Disney Cruise is a great experience as the ship offers lots of activities, excursions, entertainment and non stop movies.  The atmosphere is fun and exciting for children, especially if they are really in to the characters that appear daily throughout the ship.

However, as an experienced cruiser I will say I do have some things I found lacking with our cruise.  First was the online experience which I found very difficult compared to other "adult" cruise lines when it came to finding good information.  The personal information once entered was difficult to find and/or change.  I wanted to change my passport information to a passport card number and never found a way to do that.  The packing list provided in the documentation was not specific to our cruise and we were left wondering whether there was a formal night or not.  We also did not know that there was a pirate night.  Though other passengers were aware somehow it just was not clear or easily found on the website.  Most cruises also allow you to book excursions from the date you reserve.  Disney won't allow you to enter your personal information or book excursions until 75 days before the cruise.  We were on vacation and some of the excursions were already booked by the time we could choose.

The only other criticism I have was I found the food selections plentiful but felt the quality of the food was not that good.  The wait staff made up for the the lack of food quality.  They were fun with both kids and adults both and made for an entertaining time at meals.

One other not so great experience was that one piece of our luggage was delivered damaged and I had to purchase a new suitcase to continue our trip. One of the rollers was broken and tore completely off my suitcase after we moved it to our rental car.

Overall I will say that it was a fun and entertaining cruise for families but hope Disney will improve their food quality and their website.  I would certainly recommend this cruise to other families.

Loved the extra storage spaces provided in the rooms to give families plenty of space to put things away. Sleeping arrangements were great too.
Plenty of choices - not great quality
They were super with both adults and children
We did not participate much with the entertainment so cannot rate.
Our grandchild did not participate so I cannot rate
Our grandchild spent most of the time at the pools and he loved the water slides. He did not participate in anything else.
The excursions were good in that they were not so long that a child would become bored and the prices seemed pretty resonable. Not sure why some of the exclusions based on age or height. i.e. we were too old to go on a horseback ride with our grandson but nothing was taken in to account for physical ability regardless of age.
Loved the additional room and especially the storage provided to help families live in these small spaces. There was more than enough room and the bed arrangements were well thought out as well.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Boarded here. Ate lunch at Rusties on the pier.
The zip line was our excursion but thought it was not very exciting. Very short distances covered each zip.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Swam with the dolphins. Great adventure and highly recommend this excursion.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Zip Line was fun and scenic.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Good beaches, good food. Relaxing day.

There is almost non-stop ice cream available to children and adults which was a big hit with my grandson. It also has a movie theater, a big screen by the pool and non-stop Disney on the TV in your room. You can absorb Disney every waking hour!

1 Comment