Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Love Disney Cruising

Sail Date: December 14, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our 2nd cruise with Disney, 1st time on the Magic and it was what I expected from Disney and so much more.

Before I get into all the magic and wonder, I will say that it was our first time at Port Canaveral and I didn't like that experience at all.  The check-in process was awesome, but there were not enough seats for everyone so there were tons of people just standing waiting until the boarding process started. We were one of the people who had to stand, and after being up since 3am for a 6am flight from Houston, TX, then running in the airport to catch the bus, we were pretty exhausted, and then having to stand...it wasn't fun.  That was the worst part of the trip, which wasn't really much in the grand scheme, but I did want to mention.

So on to the real review - the cruise..  I could go on and on about the Disney Magic, the service, the dining experience, the cleanliness of the ship, the best bed on earth, the shows, just all the magic!  They truly do provide a great experience for all.  I was actually surprised to see so many couples cruising with no kids.  We were in cabin 6144 and we loved our stateroom host - always tending to your every need, and if anything goes wrong, they go out of the way to fix it.  Nothing went wrong of course, but had it, I know it would have been immediately addressed.  Our dining team was great as well.  Always attentive and always funny and just all around good people providing good service.  My 9 year old loved this team and hated we had to miss seeing them on the last morning for breakfast.

The shows were awesome! You can't get any better than having Broadway shows onboard the Disney ship.  They are amazing.  We did both family shows and adults shows and loved every minute of each.  I can't forget to mention the movies!  They always show the latest and even movies that haven't come out yet.

The food was great each night in the main dining area as well as the small spots on the 9th deck.  I love the fact that your wait staff goes with you each night to each dining room, and I love that you switch up and you aren't in the same dining room each night.  Also each night for dinner there is always something fun - a show, something.  We do the late dinner each time at 8:15 and it doesn't seem to bother my 9 year old much, but for those thinking about it with younger kids, I will say I saw lots of kids falling asleep at the dinner table.

24 hour room service (free) is great as well.  For those days you don't feel like the lunch buffet or those nights you want that mickey bar before bed.  They were prompt and just as nice as everyone else.

Oh I must mention- we thought it was so amazing that every time we passed staff in the hall or lobby area, they said "hello" - no matter how many times we saw them - they said the most cheerful "hello."  Just really great service and people.

Game shows, crafts and activities for the family, spa sessions, just so much to do for everyone aboard a Disney cruise ship.  You honestly can't go wrong.

Now about the ports - we didn't really care for Cozumel or Grand Cayman.  We are more history buffs instead of beach folks, so we enjoyed learning a bit of the history, but I think it we went again we'd stay onboard the ship and enjoy it.  We loved Jamaica!  We visited the Good Hope Estate and that was an awesome tour and the food was great!  This tour was booked through Disney so if you have a chance for sure do it.  Rough ride getting there as you will go through small roads and small mountains, but well worth it.

Last but surely not least - Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.  What can I say it is Disney and it was great.  Service, food, fun, it truly is a nice place.

I forgot to mention all of the character experiences you have aboard the ship.  Any kids dream!

If you're thinking of cruising Disney, don't think twice, you and your family will love it.

1 Comment