Disney Transatlantic

Disney Magic Cruise Review to Transatlantic

14 Night Transatlantic Westbound (Barcelona To Port Canaveral)
Sail Date: September 10, 2011
Ship: Disney Magic
This is my 6th Disney cruise, the last one was December 2010. At that time the ship was looking very worn. Happily, the ship has been in dry dock and remodeled. It looks spruced up and very nice again. Disney ships are very grand and distinctive in a way other ships cannot compete.

The food is good, it's fun to rotate dining but the dining staff is hardworking, cheerful and eager to please.

On this cruise I attended more shows than in the past. The Disney shows are great, no one does it like Disney. However, I have seen these shows over and over. The entertainment brought on board was excellent. Especially the adult shows!

The staff works so hard to please, but they are overworked. I feel badly for them, they are working long hours and are tired. No one ever complains but you see them doing several jobs in addition to their normal daily contact with you so you know they are working different jobs every day.

This ship is the perfect size. My cabin was near the rear of the ship and to attend a show was about a 4 minute walk, from end to end.

Disney is built for family travel so a cabin with a veranda is bigger than other cruise lines. Most importantly, it has more storage.
I went shopping at the port. The stores were very nice, all the merchants eager to help and I was very successful. :)
Castaway Cay is amazing. I was able to experience one of the new cabanas. I believe they are the best in the industry!
Don't Miss: The cabanas.
Took a little tour, tea and a tour of the Rock. It was very nice and exactly what I wanted to see. I very much enjoyed the tour and Gibraltar.

Pros: Disney magic!

Cons: Staff is overworked

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!