Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Exceptional Cruise

Sail Date: August 29, 2009

This was our first cruise (7 day Eastern Caribbean). I am glad we chose Disney, as I believe we will sail with them exclusively. The menu's were superb. I loved the days at sea. The shows were superb. My 13 year old son did not want to leave. Everything was coordinated well and even though I was sailing with alone with my son, I did not feel out of place. For dining, we were seated with three other mothers traveling with their sons (age 14, 16 and 6) as well. It just showed how attentive the Disney Cruise staff were. The only thing I would change on my next cruise it to get a private balcony.

Pros: The service from everyone on board was beyond my expectation.

Cons: The artist - Jean Pierre

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!

The ship was extremely clean and the ship crew members were always maintaining the ship - inside and outside. When we were docked near other ships, it was not hard to notice the difference in outward cleanliness.
the dining room attendants were great and anticipated our needs, our room hostess was very sweet and called in a maintenance request because she perceived that we were cold on the first night - without us even saying anything about it.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The tour operators were courteous and professional. The tours were coordinated well.
Don't Miss: Shopping on the French side of the Island
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas was beautiful. I liked the Air Tram best because it could be done at your leisure and you could stay as long as you desired. I am not a bird person, so the cockatoo, maccaw, parrot show was not a real draw for me.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
My son enjoyed Castaway Cay the best. He signed up for the kayak, snorkel bike ride for teens and absolutely loved it.
Don't Miss: The Flying Dutchman! I am a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan!