Disney Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Expecting much more for price!

Sail Date: January 25, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Very nice ship. Cabins were small, but plenty of storage. I especially liked under bed for luggage. Balconies were also very small. I didn't like Eastern Caribbean itinerary for children, St. Marteen & St. Thomas, as not many shore excursions foe young children. We did the beach on St. Marteen & Butterfly Garden on St. Thomas. The beaches are nice on St. Thomas but we were there many times. Castaway Cay the children loved, as did we. Lunch was great & the pirate ship play area in the water. Lifeguards & secure area in the water. Plenty of lounge chairs & umbrellas. All activities were cancelled on Castaway Cay due to wind. (Not very windy). We wanted a Cabana but they only have 20 & to get one you have to be a member of Castaway Cay, which is their club for numerous Disney cruises. They charge $549..

Back to the Fantasy. The pools were extremely small for a ship of that size. The kids were packed like sardines in the pools. Adult pool was small also. We did not use adult pool for that reason. They had  splash areas for small children. Children in swim diapers are not allowed in the pool.

I didn't care for the dining. You rotate dining in different restaurants with the same servers. Our servers were good. All the staff was great! Food was good. Cabanas,the buffet restaurant was ok. Always had to search for a table as it was crowded for breakfast & lunch. Nice variety of food. However one day a girl puked right in front of us & we called for help. I feel they should have closed that side of the restaurant immediately. She puked more than once. We are still sick. We got sick on our last morning & our still not symptom free. Norovirus. The other little food court type restaurants were not very good. They had Philly cheesesteaks, not good, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, fries, bagged potato chips & a small bar for condiments for burgers, hot dogs & steak. They had pizza too. Nothing was very good & long lines.

I also didn't like the fact that you had times & locations for Characters, always lines. They should have been walking around the ship & in dining restaurants. Shows were ok. Movies were first run, but you had to pay for popcorn, $3.50.

Pirate night by the pools, which they closed the floor over the pools to fir more people, were completely packed with people. I couldn't stay as I felt like I couldn't breath with so many people.

My honest opinion not worth all the money Disney charges. We have cruised on Royal Caribbean many times, Holland,(not kid friendly) & Princess. All were good & much less expensive.

Cruise Photos

Small
Not young children friendly itinerary

Mid ship staterooms make getting around the ship easier. Avoid Cabanas & the buffet. We got Norovirus !