Great cruise until the kids started throwing up.

Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Disney Dream

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 12, 2018

Ship: Disney Dream

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6606

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

The cruise was great for the first 3 days. There is a lot for the kids to do and the private island was a good time for all. Unfortunately my son started throwing up all over our cabin on the 4th day. He continued to get sick for the next 12 hours. Our room steward was great helping us with fresh linens and keeping the room clean. He said he had to report the illness to the cruise management on the ship. No one ever bothered to call us to see how we were doing. When my wife talked to guest services the next day they didn’t seem very concerned. My daughter started throwing up the morning we disembarked and continued to the whole time we traveled home. We have spoken to DCL multiple times and they have only offered to send the kids some care packages. I expected Disney to do a bit more to make this right, but I guess they are big enough to not worry about losing one family. Won’t be spending the exorbitant amount to do a Disney Cruise again. Back to RCL where customer service has always been great.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Ship tip

Beware of norovirus. Many sick people reported on our sailing.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)

Disembarkation