First experience. It was nice. But I prefer all inclusive on land.

Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Disney Dream

3 Night Bahamas With Halloween On The High Seas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 27, 2017

Ship: Disney Dream

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8164

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Good for a first and last experience. Cruising is NOT my cup of tea. Service was absolutely excellent. Don't like nickel and diming experience. Cruises should be sold as ALL INCLUSIVE of absolutely everything including coffee, liquor and tips. Or for those that don't drink A FULL ALL INCLUSIVE EITHER ALCOHOLIC OR NON/ALCOHOLIC package. I shouldn't have to fork over a signature, a tip, a dime. NOThING, ZIPPO. Include everything. Charge extra 100 or 200 or 300 depending on package and include it ALL.

Embarkation

Went fast and well. Great customer service.

Ship experiences

Food was good and plentiful. But I don't believe in being charged for latte or espresso and that is an outrage to me. All inclusive resorts on land include even the liquor. Bottled water is also extra charge and then you must tip or the poor people that give excellent customer service would not get paid. I don't like nickel and diming it's low class. Charge the packages up front including absolutely everything. If some want to buy a la carte then so be it. But you need all inclusive packages and not this nickel and diming and having to show your card everytime you want a latte and have to sign a receipt for it and add a mandatory tip. It's all so ridiculous. Charge me an extra 100 up front or an extra 200 for a full ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE. For this alone I would not cruise again.

They are nice. But the movies were NOT first run. I had seen them all. They gave us a "day at sea" because they were afraid of a small tropical storm. The day had no extras and they did a really lame fireworks display as compensation. OMG they should have given free beverages. The live performance shows were nice. Pools on "day of sea" were so packed that we were shoulder to shoulder in the hot tub because it was so cold out. Pools are really eeniee weenie. It's a ship, I get it. I wanted to experience it and I did. Nothing exciting about it. On land resorts that are ALL INCLUSIVE are much better.

See above comment.

Staff was superb and excellent. Can't say enough good things.

Clean and well designed.

No complaints. All was good.

Ship tip

Bring liquor and water and coffee on board.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Nothing exciting it was a port. Didn't see much. Bus arrived from Orlando airport and dropped us in front of ship.

It's a good and different experience. But the Atlantis is highly overrated and expensive. The locals live "over the hill" and the poverty is soul crushing. Please eat in the tourist area and buy some souvenirs from the locals. Pay for the locals to give you a "tour" and tip them even after you have paid for the tour.

Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island) Did not visit port

The ship captain gave us a "day at sea" because there might be a tropical storm with 60 mph in our path to Castaway Cay. So we never got to visit. But I heard and read that it is amazing.

Disembarkation

Fast, easy and without incidence.