Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sparkling clean ship; excessive number of little kids!

Sail Date: August 17, 2015

My family (2 teen kids) loves everything disney & wanted to try this  cruise for quite some time. The cost is many times more than Celebrity, which we sailed on & enjoyed a few years ago.  My husband & I were quietly comparing the 2 ships & honestly prefer Celebrity.  Maybe we expected more since the price is so much more than other ships.  The food was OK, not great.  There was lots of it, but just not the quality I expected.  Dinners had fancy presentations which were nice, service was speedy (much faster than celebrity which was a plus) but honestly I was waiting to be "wowed" & it never happened.  I read later on that the specialty restaurants that you pay extra for had a beautiful brunch the last day at sea. I'm not sure but I think this was for those over 18 only.  It seemed that most people dropped their kids off in camps rather than stay together on this trip.  Tough for teens who want to swim- hundreds of preschoolers were always in the small family pools, and if they're not 18 they can't go to the adult pool.  The Aquaduck was fun!  We enjoyed that. Shows were nice, lots of characters.

Note that there was no need for dressy dinner clothes, most people wore shorts to dinner.  My husband & son never wore long pants since it was warm & very informal.

Castaway Cay was lovely- bring your own snorkeling equipment & save some money!  Also, the stop at the Bahamas is nice & you can get a bus one block away for $1.50/ person that runs between the port area and the resort hotels that have beach access. They were air conditioned vans & both drivers we had were friendly.

Nicely spacious, very clean. Only peeve is that there should be a way to ventilate the bathroom!
Needs more pool space
Young children would love it I'm sure!