Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disney Dream to the Bahamas.

Sail Date: March 27, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was my first cruise, as it was for my 11 year old daughter, her Mom, and her 3 sisters and 1 brother.  We chose the 3 day itinerary in case we did not like it.  It turned out to be the wrong move, we've been back 4 days and we all wish we were still on board.  It was a superior 3 days and nights, done up in typical Disney style.  We booked Concierge Level and that is a pretty decent premium on top of the traditional  rate for a traditional cabin.  It was WELL WORTH IT.  Our cabin resembled a suite, significantly larger than most major airport hotels of any national chain and the verenda could easily fit our entire travel party with a couple more if necessary.  The queen size bed was very comfortable and the pull out sorfa got my daughter's seal of approval, she slept great each night, as I did.  The activites on board are too extensive to mention.  My daughter found "Edge", the nightclub for kids age 11-14.  She went every night after dinner and closed the joint each night at 1:00 A.M.  The food was very good and very plentiful.  The service was the best I've ever had and I made my living providing service in the casino business in Las Vegas for 42 years.  I will name the dining room servers by name and single them out for the highest praise.  Jemian, Supriana, and Kendall.  They were all over us each night.  I've never been better tended to in my life.  The guest room hostess was Sri and she was superior.  My daughter's Mom had Kevin and he went above and beyond for the entire cabin which included a 3 year old.  Our Concierge staff was beyond the best.  Danny, Ashley, and Andy were the best ambassadors of Disney Cruise Line that you could ever hope to have.  To merely say they helped us is a sad understatement.  They made everything happen that we requested and a few things we didn't request, and most of all, they were incredibly "up" for the entirety of the cruise.  I really don't know how it's possible for a group of people to genuinely smile and be full of positive energy for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, for months at a time.  But these 3 gentlemen and really everyone else I named managed to pull off the trick.

The Disney private island, Castaway Cay was everyone's favorite destination. It is an absolute paradise in the ocean, it blew Hawaii away in every aspect, cleanliness, softness of sand, clarity of water, temperature of water, access, restroom facilities, food, service, you name it.

I would highly recommend this cruise and I would urge people to take the 4 day cruise.  For certain, the next one we take on Disney Cruise Line, it will be at least 5 days.  And we'll go on the Concierge Level again and I hope Danny, Ashley, and Andy are still there.

Service was a 17 on a scale of 1-10
Beyond great or fabulous or whatever. Out of this world comes close.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Beyond great..........Paradise, could have camped out on this beach for a week.

Bring a light jacket or long sleeve shirt for the fireworks show which takes place at 10:30 and when I went in late March, it was a little chilly outside at that time.

1 Comment