Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Almost Perfection!!

Sail Date: May 12, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Being a new cruise ship, it is no surprise that the Disney Dream was very clean and in top-working order. It is breathtaking and filled with simple luxuries that make you forget about the outside world.

Pros: The cleanliness and luxury of the ship

Cons: The Shutters service

Recommends Disney Dream? Yes!

My daughter loved the Oceaneer's Lab and would get upset when we picked her up and made her leave.
Our stateroom hostess was amazing. We looked forward to retiring each evening to see what shape he made with the towel that evening.
Absolutely perfect! The hidden loft bed was a pure delight for my daughter. The stars in the loft ceiling were the sweetest touch.
I was very impressed with the portions at dinner. When you first sit down and see all of the selections, you wonder just how you will be able to eat all of the food offered in 3 courses. But the portions are very smart. You walk away from dinner feeling satisfied but not overstuffed. I was very thankful for the healthy choices at all of the stations too. I think I overdid it on the fresh fruit plates. :-)
Understand that Disney has no control over the "quality" of this port, but I did enjoy walking around and showing my daughter a different lifestyle than normal America suburbia.
Don't Miss: Picture in front of the "Welcome to the Bahamas" sign
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Really enjoyed the 5K run. As an avid athlete, it was nice to spend a little time with like-minded individuals who believe that vacations don't always mean you don't exercise.
Don't Miss: Swimming with the stringrays!!!