Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Nice relaxing cruise

Sail Date: May 24, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

I enjoyed my time on the Diamond Princess as we cruised the Japan inland sea and around the bottom of Kyushu. The ride was very smooth. The inland sea was calm like the inside passage in Alaska. The open ocean days were also very calm.

The food and beverage was good as usual on a Princess cruise. Sushi bar on board was good. The only disappointment would be that the steak house restaurant was moved into one of the buffet dining rooms instead of on it's own like the Italian restaurant. The entertainment was okay, not great but good.

I have a young child who was very happy with the Pelican activities and she looked forward to going every day.

Seemed like an older crowd on this cruise. Overall a very calm and relaxing cruise.

After getting a mini suite for the first time, I cannot see going back to a regular cabin. It is so comfortable in comparison to the last time I stayed in a regular inside cabin.
Kobe (Kyoto), Japan
Cruise Inland Sea Of Japan
Busan (Pusan), South Korea
Going into Korea you have to go through immigration. This was a lengthy process. Not enjoyable.
Nagasaki, Japan
When coming back from Busan and getting off in Hagasaki, you have to go through immigration again.
Aburatsu Port (Miyazaki), Japan